WORKING WITH INVITATIO
INVITATIO is the newly invented event managment system with some truly unique options. Working with our system is easy: try yourself and design an advanced project to get people together on the big date.
As you login to your Invitatio Admin Page, you see the “Event” section on the very left in the header menu. Choose “Create” option to start working on the new event.
First name your event, pick its date and give it a title. Note, that the Title will be the official event name on its online page.
Important! Fields with * are mandatory to fill.
Describe the event and add relevant keywords to improve the search listings for your event.
Choose the form language. For now it’s Dutch and English only. Depending on your choice the system automatically translates the labels.
You also have the dynamic styling CSS advanced option, this means that you are welcome to use your own CSS to style the event site differently. As an option – our support team is ready to help you with customizing the event page, so you’ll create the unique project.
Next step in personalizing your event – pick the event LOGO (you can even have two logos), ICON and BACKGROUND.
Short note: transparant pictures work better for logos.
Important! The maximum size for the selected pictures is 2 MB and they are only accepted in JPG and PNG formats.
Menu and Header Styling:
- Choose if the menu bar should be fixed at the top of the page or let it scroll down. It’s a handy option when the event page has a busy background, for example.
- Choose a color for the H1 Heading
- Choose a color for the H2 Heading
- Choose a color for the H3 Heading. You can choose the perfect color match yourself, depending on your tastes, branding requirements or a client wishes.
- Choose the menu button background color
- Choose the menu button hover background color
- Choose the current (the one that points the current position on the page: agenda block for example) menu button background color. With this option you can highlight the user’s current location on the page.
- Choose the menu button text color
- Choose the menu button hover text color
- Choose the current menu button text color
- Choose the background image
- Choose if you want to use the slider background for your page. Read more about this option in our next block.
As an advanced option you can use “Slider”.
Making your own slideshow on the event page is real simpl:
- Activate “SLIDER” in the buttom of the “IMAGES” page;
- Download images for a slider to “MEDIA” (you can see “Media” section in the header menu). In “MEDIA” section you can arrange folders for every event and have a very organized storage.
- Copy the image URL from the MEDIA-folder, add it to “Slide URL” in the activated Slider and press “Create” button – you will see slides added.
“Slide Time” – is your choice of slide time showing. You can fill it in mili-seconds, so your slides will change each other within certain time limit.
In the “INVITATIONS” section you can choose the event access!
Is your event public or by invitations only?
If the event is private, only invited participants can see the event details like agenda, location, register form, etc.
If the event is public, everyone can see the event details and register for it.
You can make your event page protected with password. In this case every user has to login to event page to see the event details, register or change the registration details.
You can also enable the informational message for the event page login screen. This message explains that every user can use same password for every event, where he/she uses same e-mail address to register.
You can also enable the informal language of your page for the languages where formal “you” and informal “you” are the different words.
In case you already have a custom domain for your event – great, you can use it! Fill in the URL in the “Event domain” field in the “Invitations” section.
Important! Custom domain requires some support from us. If you don’t plan to use the custom domain – you’ll get the event URL automatically by our system.
In the “INVITATIONS” section you will find the e-mail settings.
Set the e-mail address to send the invitations, e-mail address to reply on the invintation e-mail, check the further options just like you use your own e-mail services.
Email configuration (advanced option)
You can set few types of e-mails:
- Invitation e-mail
- Reminder e-mail
- ThankYou e-mail
- Registered e-mail
When the e-mail templates are ready, save and use them to contact participants. See the managing details on the example of the Invitation Mail below. Important note: if you leave these e-mail-forms empty, the registered person will not get any notification after being registered on the event webpage or the invitation e-mail won’t be sent.
Here are the e-mail setting tips!
- Choose the e-mail subject
- Pure HTML is available in case you prefer NOT to use the “What you see is what you get” editor
- Adjust the e-mail template with dynamic parameters. Here you can create the e-mail to be sent to the participants of the event.
- Important! Thanks to dynamic parameters you do not have to enter the username, the name of the event and the link to the event. Put these parameters in the e-mail text as shown and our system automatically identifies these parameters. This means that everyone who invites you to the event will receive a personal invitation by e-mail.
- Use attachments if you wish! Maybe it’s a ZIP or a PDF instruction file or any other information needed to complete your invitation! Consider the format of the attachment – PDF, or ZIP for multiple files with the 2 MB limit. In other cases, we recommend using other web services to store the information. No worries, we can offer them!
- Set the registration start day – the event page will start showing the details from the moment the registration is opened.
- Set the last day of registration – it won’t be possible to register for the event after this date.
- Here we have another advanced option – customized text form. You can activate it and see what it does. For example, if you want to change text in the registration form button from “Register for this event” to… let’s say “I am going!” and instead of “Your registration is successful” you want to see “You are in!”, then this is the option! Just remember – you cannot change the code, you can only change the content. If you break the code, the event website will crash. If you only change the text, you’ll have your best customized option!
- You can also set the maximum of the event subscribers and give the explanation messages about the reached maximum or the conditional minimum of subscribers. For example: “The event will take place with the minimum of 5 subscribers” or “We are sorry, the event is full! You can subscribe for the waiting list” and so on.
Here we have a good range of options to customize the event.
- There are two fields set by default – “Name” and “E-mail”, but you can add as many event related fields as you wish. For example: age, profession, best hobbies or musical preferences – just everything! Short note: when you fill the field, you see its “Name” and “Label”.
- Use short words in the “NAME” field (it is used for data export) and DO NOT use spaces, symbols and capital letters. On the event website it will only be shown what you put to the “LABEL” (for example, field label (will appear on the event web-page): “Total number of people coming”, field name: “total-people-coming”).
- Note the important feature – “Field validation” (see the picture below). Here you can set the validation rule. For example, using the validation option for the “Name” field we excluded anyone named John from the event registration.
- Same we can do with any field. With this option you can manage many more conditions of the Registration Form. This option we mostly meant for Date Picker, so the participant won’t be able to pick the wrong date order. See the example below: we added two Date fields – departure and arrival dates. To prevent from mistakes, we set the validation as “date1<=date2”. This means that the date of arrival will be equal or later (but definitely not earlier) than departure. Be sure that you set the validation using the right “Field name” (as you named it yourself ) with no spaces.
There are few field types in our system – see the list on the picture below. Among other choices you can create the checkbox field (in our example we have the international passport checkbox as it’s required for a trip), use the date- and timepicker to let the participant arrange whatever is needed to be arranged within certain dates and times, and many more options for advanced customizing of the registration form. You can also change the order of fields using the bar menu on the right of the field (as shown on pictures below).
Another advanced option
- You can pick the default value, leave it empty or set the conditional visibility for the fields – choose the field, operator and the value. Or keep them empty for the “always visible” option. Let’s say you offer the special tour for participants of the event and create the field called “Would you like to join the tour?”. In this case the invited person sees this question on event page and has to answer. Whenever participant says “YES” or “NO” (which are the values you can manage manually), you have already created the separate information fields and set the conditional visibility (like it is shown on the picture). So this is the example of how you can set the question field in this case: if the answer is “No”, the “Too bad, we’d like to have you in the group” message will automatically appear. If the answer is “Yes”, then it’s “Great, hurry up to book the tour” message. In our example we also added the select field where we offer participants to choose accomodation type (single or double occupancy). See? You can arrange a lot with the event management tools!
Point the location and give it a brief description. Manage the map by searching the event location. The map shows up on the event page as well. Another nice feature – as you set the address, you can press the “Move Event Here” button and you will see the event placemark just on the right place! You can also move the event placemark by grabbing the placemark tail.
Fill the introduction form (optional, will be shown on the event page above the contact details). For example: “Contact our travel manager for details”. Fill contact’s name, phone and e-mail. You can add the second contact if needed.
Here you can create the event agenda.
- Give the general description of the day and create the detailed schedule by adding the timeslots.
- Name and describe the event activities. Pick the matching icon and go to the next. Let your guests get the full idea of what to expect at the event.
- Note: you cannot change the date after adding it to the schedule, so in case you were mistaken and need to change the date in the event schedule, here is the way: pick the right date from the calendar (first row in the “Schedule” form), then pick the day you’ve already added and want to chamge its date now (second row of the “Schedule” form) and use “Copy day” button. The new day with copied data will appear. Delete the one with the wrong date, that’s it!
Besides from standard custom blocks (register form, schedule, location, etc) there is an option to create more information sections especially for your event. For example, you can include any free content or a video.
- If this is a video block, title it and insert the video link.
- If this is a free content, you can choose the section template and add the content.
- You can choose the section background and text color using the color scheme (by activating the advanced option).
- You can change the order of sections, enable and disable them, delete and edit. You will find these options in the menu bar next to each section.
This section of the Page Layout lets you add the event images and also allow the subscribers to add their event images via the app.
- Choose to activate or disable this option
- Choose the title for the section with images
- Choose the advanced options and style the section
- Choose if the background should be transparent or pick the color
- Choose the section text color
After you set this section, save the updates and refresh the event page. You can now add the images on the front page in the Images section.
Attention: to let your subscribers add the event images on this page, you have to use the app settings in your administration. In the right menu bar of every event you see the app icon. Click it and adjust the app settings for every event.
Another addition to the Page Layout – you can announce the key speakers if there are any.
- You can enable or disable the Speakers block
- Choose the block title
- You can choose the background and text color
- Type the block Heading
- Type the description
- Add a speaker
- Type the speaker’s name
- Type the speaker’s description
- Upload the speaker’s image
- Next you can add the links to the speaker’s social pages.
This page is the final check before you save the event.
- “Thumb up” icons indicate that you have completed all required forms! You can now save the entire event (or save as a copy – in this case you have a duplicated event in your system).
- You can check the newly created event page by clicking the “Website” button. Do you like what you see? That’s great!
- If you are not completely satisfied, you can always edit the entire project from any point.
- The important note: since you cannot save the event before you have completed all required fields, we recommend that you briefly complete all required fields first, save the event and then provide the detailed description. When the event page is saved, you can edit the forms from any point.
- Another useful note – do not leave the event editor open if you are not using Invitatio System at the moment. And it is better to continue editing after you refresh the page. This can prevent you from losing adjustments in case you are not the only one working on the event page in the system.
In case your event has the entrance fee or other charges, you can easily create the payment link and send it to your assignees. Our system works with Mollie – a technology-based company that is processing payments as a Payment Service Provider (PSP) with various payment methods including iDEAL, bank transfer, Bancontact/Mister cash, PayPal, Bitcoin and others.
This means that if you sell the events, you need the Mollie account with the contract for all payment methods you can use.
Users who register for the event and buy the tickets don’t have to be Mollie users.
Payment tool includes following options:
First we advise to set your Mollie account information in “Settings”: fill in the e-mail and account details. Make sure that all the data is correct and pay attention that you have API key Mollie (test) and API key Mollie (production). You can switch this keys using the very first “Production” button on top of the account settings. So if you want to test the payment system first, simply switch production key to test key and make as many testing checkouts as you wish. As soon as you are back to production key, Mollie will process all transactions as actual (including fees).
Creating the payment link
- Click “Create” and fill the “Link generating form”.
- Choose the language first (Dutch or English), all the payment information will be automatically switched to it.
- Fill in the invoice reference. For example: “entrance fee” or “ticket purchase”.
- Fill the right amount. Important: please, write the number of cents in any case (using coma), even if it’s zero. For example: “€10,00”. Otherwise you won’t be able to save the form and go further.
- Next you see the list of payment methods supported by Mollie. Make sure you are going to use one of them.
As an option you can activate a discount and set a discount amount on the purchase
- Fill in the discount percentage
- Fill in the number of days when discount is available (the discount deadline)
- You will see the automatically counted adjusted amount (the total cost after discount).
- Press “Save” and you will immediately get the automatically generated payment link. You can now copy and send it to recipient.
When recipient opens the link in internet browser, he/she sees the payment details and follows easy steps: picks the payment method, fills the payment form and checks the details. Recipient will also get the transaction details by e-mail.
Here you see all the payments generated including its statuses and links.
Administration settings for INVITATIO App:
You will find the Event App settings in the Overview Dashboard on the right at the event task bar.
- You can activate the app chat for the event subscribers
- You can activate the media-part for the event, so with the additional settings media can be added by you, event organizers and event participants.
- You can allow the organizers add media to this event page
- You can allow the event subscribers to add media to this event page
- You can enable the LinkedIn option. Every Invitatio user can connect a LinkedIn profile via Invitatio App. When you activate the LinkedIn option for the event, all the subscribers, who linked their Invitatio accounts with their LinkedIn profiles, can see each other’s Lin links. Thus, they can connect and build a useful network via Invitatio Events.
- You can allow the event subscribers to check in to the event via scan. The event barcode will be sent to subscribers and they can use the app scan option for the easy check in.
How do you create the event for the activation app?
You can turn on the activation app in an event within INVITATIO EVENT SYSTEM .
Step 1: Login to you Invitatio Administration Profile on https://login.invitat.io/
Step 2: Click on the “Event” button.
Step 3: Click on “Create”.
Step 4: Go to the event “General Information”.
Step 5: Click on the Activation Process button.
Step 6: Fill in the rest of the fields and click “Save”.
General Settings in the Activation App
Step 1: Click on the symbol ‘’A’’ on the event dashboard in the “Overview”section and begin with the Activation App settings.
Step 2: In the first field you will find some standard settings.
Step 3: There are text messages that follow the activation process. You can set your own text fields for every case. In the picture below you see the examples of the text messages for the questioning process.
Step 4: Text settings for the steps where is no action needed: there are dynamic parameters available. See below the examples of the standard texts:
#activation_process_step_name# = Here appears the next step of the activation process.
#activation_process_step_from# = Here appears the date when the next step of the activation process is starting.
You have the text field for a case when you have to wait for the next activation step and for a case when you’ve reached the end of activation process.
Step 5: In the field below you can select the event background picture in the app. This is optional. Please note that the image should not be bigger than 2MB and the image extension is JPG or PNG.
Creating The Activation Steps
Downloading the Answers
Step 1: Go to the tab “Steps”.
Step 2: You have the option to download the excel with the answers that the participants gave. Press “Download” if you choose this option.
Creating the questions
Step 1: Click on “Add Row”.
Step 2: You create the new step with the following options:
- You can indicate whether the step should be visible or not in the “Disabled” field.
- Name the step.
- The description field is optional. Here you can describe the step to explain its purpose.
- You can choose the step type: question, video or text.
- Enter the number and the order for the step you create.
- In the fields below you can indicate from which date and time the question becomes visible to the participants.
- You can also use the styling option for eachthe step: the background, block and text color.
In the fields below you indicate what kind of question you will ask in the step. This can for example be a multiple choice question or an open question. Here is the explanation of the standard question options.